Fountek...

Re: Fountek...

PostPostao/la the_bebe » 04 stu 2012, 16:52

Baci malo oko na frekventnu karakteristiku...
http://www.fountek.net/uploadfile/1011/25130525.PDF

Meni izgleda kao fullrange driver a ide i poprilično visoko...
Ja sam bogat čovek
the_bebe

PostPostao/la beboni » 04 stu 2012, 16:53

..... mozda staviti to u aktivu 24db na 3khz i ispred ribbona staviti 30mf mkp blok da ga stiti od tranzijenata :mrgreen:
beboni

PostPostao/la beboni » 04 stu 2012, 16:56

the_bebe je napisao/la:Baci malo oko na frekventnu karakteristiku...
http://www.fountek.net/uploadfile/1011/25130525.PDF

Meni izgleda kao fullrange driver a ide i poprilično visoko...

nisam ga cuo.....valjalo bi to probati.
beboni

PostPostao/la the_bebe » 04 stu 2012, 16:58

Znači čekamo dragog kolegu Schultza da napiše dojmove... :lol:
Ja sam bogat čovek
the_bebe

PostPostao/la beboni » 04 stu 2012, 22:15

......trazeci po stranim forumima malo vise misljenja i informacija o neo cd 3.0 ribbonu nadjoh zanimljiv post o tome kako je monitor audio za svoju platinum seriju zvulja narucivao visokotonce od founteka:

I approached none other than the Technical Director, Dean Hartley, at Monitor Audio and asked him about the tweeter in the Platinum's.

Here's what he said:

"The resemblance to the Fountek ribbon is not a co-incidence. I worked with Fountek for about 18 months to achieve a tweeter that was consistent to +/-0.5dB and one that could 'reliably' work down to 2.5KHz. All the platinum speakers are measured one by one in our anechoic chamber using our Klippel QC measurement system, so we are measuring to R&D tolerances with platinum, not standard production tolerances for our other ranges with are +/- 1dB (or +/-1.5dB with BR and RS series)

My original design and prototypes used the Fountek ribbon. We bought a batch of Fountek ribbons and found the consistency to be only in the region of +/- 2dB, which was not good enough for a range such as this (or perhaps any range of marked quality). This was apparently the best Fountek could offer us. So, we took on the task of replicating the Fountek tweeter and now have it assembled in a small high-tech factory in Asia (who also make the bass and mi-drivers for us). We improved the ribbon material, moving to our C-CAM material which we have to free-issue from Japan. There are some other
changes to the magnetic circuit, transformer and of course the die-cast front plate."

So you can see that MA is not playing around when it comes to the design and QC over the Platinum series. There was some serious engineering effort put into this speaker line. I mean this is the first that I have heard of a company making the effort to test every driver in an anechoic chamber to within 0.5dB tolerances! As Dean put it, this usually reserved for reference quality R&D purposes. Pretty impressive.

And I can attest that in my original audition and now in my home the treble is effortless and imaculately detailed without crossing over into brightness or edginess. Even recordings that I thought were just recorded with too much treble and sibilance now sound much more listenable than they ever have, yet recordings with proper treble balance don't sound lifeless and smoothed over. I didn't think it was possible, but they are smooth yet detailed. Not just acceptabley detailed, but more detailed than the best dome tweeters I have heard.

I know you some of you have been asking for my impressions of the PL300's, so here's a bit more. I think the comments above cover my feelings about the treble quality, but one of the things I really get excited about is the ability of a speaker to produce an expansive soundstage when called upon to do so and their ability to convey a sense of space—the wrap-around effect. The Platinum’s impress me in a big way here.

Tonight, rather than sit down and listen to the typical audiophile stuff, I put some of my electronica in for fun. Now of course with this sort of music you can’t expect to evaluate the speaker’s ability to convey a sense of realism, but the stuff I listen to is great for getting a feel for bass extension, bass dynamics and soundstaging. Towards the end of the disc I was spinning tonight, the artist plays with phase on the vocals. With speakers that image well, the effect should sound like the vocals are out into the room and even slightly behind the listener. If the speaker doesn’t get it right, the vocals just sound like an indistinct blob of sound between the speakers. I’m sad to say that looking back on my previous speakers (you know who your are) with this track I initially thought there was something wrong with the recording. However with the Platinum’s, there was room-filling, wall-to-wall, wrap-around sound. It’s like pyrotechnics for the ears! Good stuff.

And you want to talk about effortless. I kept creeping up the volume until I got to –5dB from reference level, which I believe is just around +100dB and there was no strain or compression or hardness or anything.

Ok, so now for the bass. In the track just before the one I described above, in the middle of the song there is a fade-down of most of the instrumentation and then there is a massive “wash” of bass energy. If bass were like water, there would have been a about a 6 foot wave of it coming out of the speakers and flowing right through my room. More good stuff. Just to see how the bass quality and quanity of the PL300’s stacked up against my Velodyne DD15 on this track, I switched back and forth between an 80 Hz crossover and running the PL300’s full range. I’m not exaggerating when I say that the PL300’s sounded as good if not better than my sub. Part of it has to do with the location of the PL300’s and the sub, with the sub having a slight disadvantage, but I could seriously see retiring the sub to being used for just an LFE channel.

Well, that’s it for now, and I promise to report back on the quality of audiophile approved music as soon as I can, but I’m just having too much fun right now.
beboni

PostPostao/la beboni » 28 stu 2012, 20:32

nedavno sam kupio fountek neo cd3.0 ribbon tweeter i midbas fw146 od lika koji je organizirao grupnu kupovinu i od koje mu je ostalo jos drivera za prodaju pa sam na vrijeme reagirao i uletio u shoping.
izrezan je materijal za 9,5-10 litara bas refleks kutije tjunirane na 50hz

slika

slika

prizme su na zadnjoj stranici izrezane od stirodura(nije bilo druge boje :lol: ) i zalijepljene sa akrilnim silikonom i udubine izmedju prizmi ce se dopunjavati sa industrijskom vatom dok ce na bocne strance ici samo ind vata.

kad sam kupovao drivere imao sam namjeru praviti troelsov projekat sa sp200x i neocd3.0 .....dok sam fw146 uzeo,onako,cisto iz radoznalosti kako bi to sviralo.

kako god,trenutno radim ovu kutiju jer imam te drivera a malo sam se i ohladio od sp200x fullrangera jer mi je forma elektronika poslala ponudu u kojoj je cijena sp200x -a 400injak kn dok u tandu kosta 497 kn . :mrgreen:

chipoteka je ,zacudo,najjeftinija i u njihovoj ponudi stoji da bi do kucnog praga izaslo po komadu 45 eura(bez postarine i manipulativnih troskova)

kutije imam namjeru oplemeniti sa 6mm sperplocom ,dok ce prednja i zadnja stranica biti obojane u crnu mat boju
slika
beboni

Prethodna

Natrag na Zvučnici

Na mreži

Trenutno korisnika/ca: / i 3 gostiju.